Makerere University Graduate Application Form 2020/2021 2020/2021 | How to Apply for Makerere University, MAK Admission.
The Authority of Makerere University, MAK invites applications from suitably qualified applicants( Sponsored or Private) for admission into various Graduate Programmes offered.
Applicants should have obtained at least a first class or second class degree or its equivalent from a recognised and chartered university/institution. Applicants should also possess a Ugandan Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 Passes (or its equivalent) and a Ugandan Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least two Principle Passes and one Subsidiary Pass obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent).
All Graduate Programmes are PRIVATELY-SPONSORED. Applicants should note that the various fees payable to the University indicated for the various programmes EXCLUDE functional fees, accommodation, books, research and other expenses. Therefore applicants seeking sponsorship should have their applications endorsed by their respective sponsors where applicable.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit the Makerere University’s Admissions URL http://admissions.mak.ac.ug and generate a Payment Reference Number (PRN) by following the guide below.
- Sign up using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the appropriate scheme i.e. Postgraduate and Taught PhD or PhD Research
- Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
- Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
- Post Bank
- Centenary Bank
- DFCU Bank
- UBA Bank
- Print 2 copies of the filled biodata form and attach 2 certified copies of your academic documents, 2 copies of all other relevant academic documents, 2 passport photos and the three referees’ letters of recommendation.
- Submit in office No. 307; level 3 Senate Building Or email scanned copies of the mentioned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING A PAYMENT REFERENCE NUMBER FOR PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES
- Go the payment reference site: https//:payments.mak.ac.ug
- Fill in your name;
- Fill in your email;
- Fill in your telephone number – Go to the next
- Click on the option number;
- Application fee = Ugx 50,000 (East African applicants) or Ugx 151,500(International Applicants)
- the pay reference number
- Go to the Bank and pay
- Strictly observe the closing date of Friday, 12th June, 2020
- All Applicants for Master of Laws (LLM) will do a Graduate Admission Test (GAT) consisting of an oral Interview and written test. The fee is Ug. Shs. 100,000/= (One hundred thousand shillings) payable to the School Accountant. The GAT will be held on Saturday 20th June, 2020
- All Applicants for Master of Business Administration (College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School) will do a GMAT test on dates to be communicated by College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business School respectively.
- All Applicants for PGD (Guidance and Counselling), MA.in Counselling and MSc. in Clinical Psychology (School of Psychology, College of Humanities and Social Sciences) will do an admission interview on dates to be communicated by the School of Psychology, College of Humanities and Social Sciences. The fee is UG. Shs. 60,000/= (Sixty thousand shillings) payable to the designated account to be provided by School.
- In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants for Master of Public Infrastructure Management (MPIM) must have “Proven professional experience of at least 2 years at managerial/supervisory level or policy-decision making position in a government, parastatal organ, international organisation or non-governmental organisation” Applicants should attach a 2- page short CV and referee recommendations.
- Detailed information about the Programmes’ admission requirements, content and regulations can be obtained from the Principals/College Registrars of the respective Colleges and Schools.